Everyone has something they would like to manifest. Whether it is a new house, a better car, or someone to share one’s life, people have wants. And many have turned to the Law of Attraction to manifest those wants into reality.
But manifest money? Many people ask just how realistic that is.
The truth is, manifesting money works on the same principles, according to the Law of Attraction. However, manifesting involves a specific and positive mindset, and many of us have spent many years absorbing a negative attitude about money. For many people, the very concept of money can equal stress, regardless of how much is wanted or needed.
That means the first thing you need to do if you want to successfully manifest money is feel positive about it. Accept the fact that money is good! There are so many positive things you can do with it.
Why Do You Want More Money and How Much?
When you manifest for any desire, you need to be specific. The idea that it would be great to have a few more dollars in the bank isn’t enough. What do you want that money for?
- Do you need to pay off bills? Which bills?
- Do you want a better house? How many bedrooms? In what neighborhood?
- Are you saving for the children’s college education?
- Do you want to take a memorable vacation of a lifetime? Where would you go? For how long?
Write down the ways in which more money would improve your life. The more specific you make it, the easier it will be to manifest.
Once you have your “money list,” decide on how much your wants will cost. “More money,” or “a few thousand dollars,” is too vague. If you want to go on vacation, check how much flights and accommodations at your chosen vacation spot will cost. Feel free to go first-class, if you choose. If you need $8,000 to cover the cost, that will be the amount for which to manifest. Getting the kids into Harvard will be slightly more. Determine the tuition and how much you will have to save each year before they graduate high school. This gives you a specific guideline on how much money you need to add to the college fund annually.
Do You Know Your Proper Place, Or Do You Dream?
Most parents want the best for their children and teach them that they can be anything they want to be. But even in our modern era, we tend to remain within our comfort zone. Many of us are hesitant to dream of outdoing our parents to any great extent. That is another mindset that can be overcome.
- Permit yourself to dream. Make those dreams as grand as you want. What would your life be like if there no financial boundaries?
- Children automatically reach for the stars. But as they grow up, life and reality can make it easy to cast those dreams aside. Who can dream when the rent is overdue? That’s the time to find that inner child and take him or her by the hand. Those dreams are still there. You just need to find them.
Examine Your Beliefs About Money
You may not even realize some of the beliefs about money that you have absorbed. These beliefs may very well be limiting the amount of money you feel comfortable having. Many of them are learned at a young age and have become a part of your overall belief system. Some self-defeating ideas of money are:
- You have to be born rich to have any real money.
- It’s selfish to want more than you need to get by. You don’t want to deprive other people
- “Money is the root of all evil.”
- How is an average Joe like me ever going get any real money?
- Rich people don’t care about anything but themselves.
- It’s selfish to flaunt nice things; people will be jealous and not like you.
Did you hear as a child that “money doesn’t grow on trees,” “money won’t buy you happiness,” or the more biblical, “It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven?” You might still be influenced by those voices. Question them and see if they can still be considered valid.
Beliefs such as the ones described above are held by many people, and we can hold them without realizing. Therefore, your first step to manifesting is to honestly examine your attitude toward the green stuff.
Develop the Mindset of a Wealthy Person
Having a wealthy mindset doesn’t mean you can go out and order that new Jaguar or sailing boat just yet. But you can think about it, imagine it, and belief that you actually deserve it.
Wealthy people have a different approach to money. They make the most of what amount they have. They rarely buy on impulse. They don’t waste money on things they don’t need. (Ever notice that the person at the office who buys lunch every day is invariably broke, while the guy in the next cubicle, who brings his lunch, is rarely hurting for money?) You need to value money in order to manifest it.
As your rich mindset develops, encourage the transition by dressing nicely and looking your best. You may be poor now, but with resale shops at your disposal, you don’t have to look poor while you manifest for better things.
You manifest into your life that which you think about the most. But the universe takes your thoughts very literally. You may be thinking about money constantly, but about the lack of it – about the bills that are due, about the things you cannot afford, about how you are deprived of all the things you really want. These thoughts will you in a negative mindset. You aren’t thinking about how to get money, you are lamenting the lack of it. As you are focusing on all this lack, the universe will happily oblige you and continue to keep you in a state of poverty. Always remember that the universe is on your side, but it is very literal. Phrase your manifestations accordingly.
Keep a gratitude journal. Remind yourself of how much you already have. That will boost you to the next level.
Start thinking like a rich person and focus on your financial situation. According to Thomas Stanley, author of “The Millionaire Next Door, a wealthy individual spends 10 times more of his or her time thinking about financial planning than the average person. To manifest wealth, you need to be focused on wealth.
Act as if You Were Rich Already
No, that doesn’t mean you should be spending mindlessly.
Acting rich (before you actually are rich) means window shopping comfortably at luxury stores that you may not be able to afford just yet.
You should feel comfortable with an occasional luxurious treat, whether it’s a steak for dinner or a Saturday at the spa. Get used to small luxuries gradually. Understand that you deserve them.
Visualize Having Money
When you practice the Law of Attraction, visualization plays an important role. As you visualize yourself manifesting more money into your life, you begin to feel more empowered. You notice even small changes behavioral changes that will help you achieve your goal.
Here are some excellent ways to visualize yourself attracting money into your life:
- Imagine your bank statement with a large balance. Make it as real as you can.
- Imagine receiving a check in the amount that you are manifesting. Visualize the check and the amount clearly.
- Several times a day, close your eyes and affirm the following: “Money flows easily into my life.” “I appreciate having my bank balance constantly increase.”
You can also visualize yourself being debt-free. This will motivate you to pay off any existing debts and inspire you to continue to manifest more wealth.
What’s So Good About Having Money, Anyway?
If you find you have some deep-rooted negative feelings about money, create a list of all the good things money can do.
- Money doesn’t just provide me with a roof over my head, it allows me to decorate it the way I wish.
- Money doesn’t just keep me from being hungry, it broadens my choices as to all the fine meals I am able to enjoy.
- Money allows me to be an employer and create jobs for other people.
- Money lets me take care of my family and ensure that all their needs are met.
- Money lets you choose your children’s school, your neighborhood, what you can do for your family, and how you spend your time.
- Money lets you donate to the charities of your choice and make a real difference.
As you ponder all the reasons money is good, you can open your imagination and contemplate how to earn even more money. Work toward a promotion? Start your own business? Turn a hobby into a money-making project? The more you think about it, the more ways you will find to increase the amount of money you already have.